As a small Utah Business and a Utah Web Design company we are always looking for the best ways a local company can increase traffic to their site. Although we know better than to depend totally on SEO (search engine optimization) we know that it is easy for most local businesses to rise to the top when it comes to local search.
In this article you will find the 3 best website backlinks for your small local business. They are the best because they are the least time consuming.
What should a busy local businessman do?
Your busy running your business, you don’t want to be spending your time on the internet.
Make the most of SEO
Most local businesses are not taking advantage of simple basic local SEO. Just for that reason alone your business can beat the pants off of them.
How To Do You Start?
Build your site with SEO in mind. Although this may seem hard and is often made secondary with some SEO companies, a SEO friendly WordPress site makes SEO easy. Your site has built in SEO factors and plenty of great plugins to pump it up.
This simple step is one you do not have to pay attention to in the future. The back end of your site is working for you all of the time.
On site content - Start with optimizing your site. Write great keyword content for every part of your site, blog, product descriptions, contact pages, customer reviews and your about page. Leave no stone unturned.
Internal linking - With every page and every blog post link back into your site.
“Internal linking is one of the easiest elements in SEO. Why? Because typically SEO has to pick a ratio of appeasing a user but also a search engine.
With internal linking, the better you do, you equally benefit the human element but also the crawling bot. So, let’s start making everyone happy.” Josh McCoy – Search Engine Watch
Website backlinks – With the recent Google changes, backlinks are getting a lot of attention. Buying back links from big link building farms (like BMR) has failed. But the good old fashion ways to build backlinks has stood the test of time and Google. White Hat SEO is winning the game.
But Building backlinks can be time consuming. Who has time to comment on other sites? Who has time to spend on Twitter and Facebook? Or track down forums?
The 3 Best Website Backlinks For Small Local Businesses
This short list may prove to be enough Website baclink building for most small businesses.
1. Google Places – If you have not included this in your internet marketing plan you re making a big big mistake. A well optimized place page will bring traffic and links to your site. A good optimized page includes proper listing in directories that have links back to your site.
2. YouTube – Optimizing your YouTube Channel for backlinks is a must. Video SEO really is simple. Besides YouTube is one of the largest search engines on the net.
3. Guest Posting – Finding review sites, directories or other businesses in a similar niche and writing a guest post works! Guest posting is not used by most small businesses yet it can big a big visibility boost. Read “Guest Blogging: The Ultimate Guide“.
With a quick search for sites that take guest posts for Utah businesses I found these:
- Utah Valley Business Blog – Accepts guest posts, directory listing and event listings.
- Utah Stories - Accepts guest posts, reviews and ads.
- Utah News – Accepts guest posts, just make sure they are news worthy posts.
Also, You can search for sites that are relevant to your niche by simply typing.
- “your niche and location” + inurl:”guest post”
- “your niche and location” + intitle:”write for us”
- “your niche and location” + intitle:”contribute”
Wouldn’t it be nice…
To simply put up a site, you know, a site with good behind the scenes and on the page SEO and it go at that.
Well it just doesn’t work that way. Not on the internet and on in real life. Marketing takes effort. Marketing takes planning.
Marketing starts with the conception of an idea and goes clear to getting that idea into the buyers hand.
You always start with SEO and build from there.
P.S. Now that you have the 3 best website backllinks, it is time to put them into action.