“Copywriting is one of the most essential elements of effective online marketing. The art and science of direct-response copywriting involves strategically delivering words (whether written or spoken) that get people to take some form of action.
‘So, whether you’re looking to sell something or build traffic by earning links from others, you’ll need to tell compelling stories that grab attention and connect with people so they’ll respond the way you want.”
Copy Blogger, Bryan Clark
With that in mind, wouldn’t you say that email copywriting is important? With your emails, you want your readers to take some kind of action. The action may be as simple as “Let me know what you think.” to “Sign Up Now!” or “Buy Now!”.
Email Copywriting Tips
1. Subject lines for emails: Write an honest yet attention getting subject line, you want your readers to open your emails. Always use lower case letters for your email subject line, stay out of the spam box.
2. Write interesting content. Up your email open rate with great content. Give them a reason to be glad you are emailing them.
3. You may have heard the phrase, “Teaching Sells.” Teach your email readers something.
4. Keep your sentences short and easy enough for a 12 year old to understand.
5. Make it readable. Although your sentences can trail across the whole page they are hard to read. The lines of your content short.
6. Keep it simple! Most people are very busy. Keep you email copy simple by giving only one call to action. Give your reader only one thing to do.
7. Use bold or colored text to highlight the important parts. Just like any other online copywriting, you want to make your copy easy to scan.
8. Use white space. It’s true, white space is just as important for you emails as it is any other online copywriting. Drop all those paragraph rules you have learned and add lots of white space.
Your email copywriting download link.
Hi Betsy Lou,
Because you are interested increasing your business
via email, I wanted to make sure you got a copy of
our latest giveaway.
Sheila, Utah Web Design